How to Keep Restaurant Floors Clean
Controlling kitchen grease, especially on the floors, is critical for maintaining a safe work space and protecting your bottom line. Slips and falls can be seriously hazardous to employee health, and cost you heavily in litigation as well. That’s not even to mention the potential for significant inventory loss if food is being frequently dropped.
As most of the grime on restaurant kitchen floors is organic material, long-term build-up can pose a bio hazard risk for your cooks, dishwashers, and waitstaff. Frequent cleaning keeps this under control, and will also prevent grease (and other contaminants) from being tracked into the dining area, where customers could be impacted.
How to Clean a Restaurant Kitchen Floor in 7 Easy Steps
- Sweep the area clear of debris.
- Dilute your commercial kitchen cleaner according to the label’s instructions.
- Mop the floor with the diluted cleaning solution.
- Scrub the area with a stiff-bristled brush, to loosen up grease and dirt.
- Let the solution sit for 5-10 minutes. Make sure “wet floor” signs are clearly visible, and minimize foot traffic in the area as much as possible.
- Rinse the floor with hot water. Use a hose if floor drains are present, otherwise a mop and a clean water bucket will work.
- Remove any excess water and grease/dirt. If your kitchen has floor drains, you can squeegee the remaining liquid towards them. If not, a wet vacuum will get the job done.
Commercial Restaurant Cleaning Services
Running a busy restaurant is hard work, and you don’t always have time to attend to every little spill or drip right away. When grime, moisture, and odor accumulation becomes a real challenge, turn to SERVPRO of Fontana for professional janitorial services.
Over-the-counter products are often too mild to cut through built-up layers of grease. And for effective results—in an environment where results really matter—it’s important to choose cleaning products that will specifically work for your kitchen. If your floors are made of a porous tile, for instance, cheap soaps and detergents can become trapped in the tiny holes, leaving your work space even more slippery. Commercial-grade restaurant de-greasers, selected and applied by trained professionals, are the key to success.
SERVPRO of Fontana offers commercial cleaning services for restaurants near San Bernardino. From kitchen hood de-greasing, to deep-cleaning carpets, to removing bio hazard contaminants, our technicians have the experience and knowledge to handle it all. Call (909) 357-4337 today and let us know.